This recipe is a great way to use leftover turkey.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced or cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat; gradually blend in milk and egg yolk. Add dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil.
Add Cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Arrange hot broccoli and turkey in 12 x 8-inch dish, spooning sauce between layers and on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is browned.