Chicken is a mealtime favorite: it's versatile, family-friendly and good for you.
- 1 cup uncooked shell macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 2/3 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
Cook macaroni al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water. Dip apples in lemon and water mixture to keep from turning brown. Shake off excess lemon juice and place in a large bowl. Combine all ingredients except whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving fold in whipped topping.